Thursday, April 17, 2014

Zeb's First Baby Spa Experience and Review

I have been looking forward to bringing my little one to the baby spa ever since he was 1 month old. Today, I finally did... Yay! I was so excited for my baby because I know he will enjoy the experience. He loves his bath time and after each session he will start to be fussy. I know that cry means he still wants to stay in the tub. I think he will be a swimmer like mommy :)

There are several health benefits of swimming including but not limited to the following:
  • Helps strengthen the muscles, ligaments, heart and lungs
  • Develop motor control, agility, coordination and balance
  • Enhances and stimulates senses and immune system
  • Fosters social stimulation and interaction among babies
  • Sets foundation for babies and adapt positive and long-term attitude towards learning
  • Builds trust and confidence between parents and babies especially in water environment

I have heard about Baby Spa long time ago so today I brought him to their branch in Katong V Mall, which luckily, is just a walking distance away from where we stay.



As soon as we stepped in, we were greeted by the Chinese staff and handed over to me their flyer showing the rates.

A. Member Rates (with registration fee of $10 and with free towel with hood)
10 Swimming Sessions (valid for 6months) - $350
20 Swimming Sessions (valid for 12 months) - $590
Golden Card (Unlimited within one year) - $1,090

B. Non-Member
Trial - $45 with free 1 swim diaper

Aside from baby swimming, they also offer 2 other services which are baby massage and baby haircut. For those babies getting their hair cut for the first time, they also give a First Haircut Certificate with the baby's picture. So cute!!!
 
I didn't sign up for the membership though because let's be honest, the rates are pretty darn expensive! I just wanted my baby to try it at least once to satisfy my curiosity :) 

While baby's getting changed to a swim diaper
After the staff changed him into swim diaper, she did a few arms and legs exercise on baby to warm him up. The other staff then filled one of the four single tubs with lukewarm water. She kept asking me from time to time to touch the water to see if the temperature is fine with me. They also have some kind of a thermometer which they dip into the water and will then show if it's too hot, too cold or just right.


Zeb with the friendly staff of Baby Spa
Once all set, they put on the neck floater on Zeb and slowly dipped him into the tub. As expected, he didn't cry but instead he started kicking his legs. Weeeee!!!! That was a "proud momma moment" and I was smiling from ear to ear. That was the first time I felt like a "stage mother" haha!



Rubber duckie! Haha!

 

After about 20 minutes, it's time to take Zeb out from the tub (boooo!). It was noted in the flyer that first time babies cannot stay in the water for too long. It is better to gradually lengthen their swimming time each visit. Such a shame that we were the only customer when we dropped by. Would have been more fun if he was able to interact and be with other babies in the bigger pool.

So after I took him out, the staff asked me if I want to have my baby massaged. I thought at first that it was included in the $45 charge but ooops! I was wrong! I ended up paying an additional $24 ($10 for members) for the massage. It was good though that I was able to see massage techniques for babies so now I can do it to him at home after every bath :)

Overall, I think the $69 charge is a steep price to pay for a 30-minute experience but the smile on my baby's face and seeing how much he enjoyed it was PRICELESS! I'd say give it a try if you have the chance!


My ratings:
Service - 4/5
Cleanliness and Hygiene - 4/5
Staff - 3/5
**The staff were friendly but it was a little difficult to communicate with them since they don't speak english that well.





Price - 2/5


2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Baby Zeb looks totally cute in his floaters! :) Looks like he really enjoyed his first spa huh? You must’ve been super proud seeing baby Zeb’s cute little smiling face! :D I would love to hear more! Cheers to you and your family :)

    Leena Wolf @ H2O Spas

    ReplyDelete
  2. You love to pamper your little one, so do we at Baby Spa! Come treat your baby to some love! so hydrotherapy is best way grow your baby healthy now baby spa in available at Hyderabad to know more about it visit:- https://www.yourbabyspa.co.in/

    ReplyDelete