Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Pregnancy Journey at 6 weeks

Hi all!

So... I'm 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant as of this writing. Yay!!! I had my first "official" OB check-up last Tuesday, June 25, and finally saw and heard our little baby's heartbeat! That was such  an emotional experience. As cliche as it sounds, knowing that there's a living thing growing inside of me is just absolutely amazing. It's a miracle.

So let me explain first why I said first "official" check-up. Last 18th of June, I had to leave work and visit my OB on my 5th week because I had some brownish discharge when I went to the bathroom during my lunch hour. I didn't know what to do so I called in and they asked me to drop by that day if possible. At first I didn't want to panic and even told the nurse that I will just come the next day when I'm not working but after sending the photo to my hubby (yes, I took photo of the tissue I used to wipe. TMI I know, lol!), my husband right away called me and asked to go to my OB that instant. Hearing the the panic and concern from my hubby's voice, I started crying non-stop (and it was in public while I was eating my lunch). As soon as I got back to work, I talked to my manager and asked if I can take medical leave and sure enough she let me go.

I took the taxi and arrived at Raffles Hospital in less than 15 minutes and immediately registered to see my OB. Once I was in, she did an ultrasound to see if there's any bleeding inside but luckily there was none. She said some women experience it and it is quite normal. It could be an old blood from the implantation and there's nothing to worry about. My baby looked fine and that gave me a sigh of relief. She prescribed me a medicine Duphaston to be taken twice a day for one week to stop the bleeding and it did. Thank God.

So anyway, since I was so elated and inspired from our last visit to my OB, I decided to make a video on our journey. I am planning to do a regular update on my youtube channel (search: babynibeans) and let you know how I'm doing and show my growing belly as well. I hope you can join me in this journey and subscribe <3



Thank you all for reading (and watching)!

Talk to you soon! Baby dust to all!


1 comment:

  1. I assume you've given birth now! Congratulations! How's the new mommy? There must be lots on your plate right now. I hope you're adjusting well to being a new mother, and if you find time, tell us about it! Elli @ CentennialObgynPA.com

    ReplyDelete