Thursday, February 21, 2013

Counting Down...

Hi there beautiful ladies!

It's been a month since my last post and as promised, I will update you before my BIG day.

Yes, I am finally undergoing surgery in less than 15 hours (give or take). I got a call today from the hospital and gave me further instructions about my fasting tonight and told me that I have to be at the hospital by 7:15 in the morning tomorrow. I don't know exactly what time will the surgery start but I'm assuming it's somewhere between 8 to 9am. 

I'm lying down on my bed as I am typing this while munching on a cookie. In about an hour, I'm supposed to take this laxative (Fleet Phospho-Soda) for bowel cleansing and I'm not looking forward to that. I'm pretty sure that the toilet bowl will be my BFF tonight. After 12 midnight, I am no longer allowed to eat anything, not even water, until tomorrow morning so I'm a bit concerned about that. 

But nothing concerns me more than the actual surgery tomorrow. I am terrified. It's my first time to do something like this and the feeling of uncertainty is what worries me the most. This could be considered as a minor surgery but this is something MAJOR for me. It's driving me crazy thinking of things that could go wrong during the procedure. Yes, I AM PARANOID. 

On the other hand though, I have been looking forward to this day that finally I will have that alien-looking thing inside of me removed. I wonder if I could ask the doctor for a copy of the video? Do you think that's possible? Well I guess I'll find out tomorrow. 

So that's it for now guys. I would have to get back to you a few days after my surgery and maybe post some photos. 

Again, I am asking for your prayers for a safe surgery and quick recovery. Thank you so much for joining me in this journey.


“The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!" - Dolly Parton

 



2 comments:

  1. claim it and it will be yours dear! have a safe surgery! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete